Raised and educated in Europe, Nabila Khashoggi is an author and entrepreneur. Committed to a healthy and environmentally friendly lifestyle, Nabila Khashoggi prioritizes the use of green products and adheres to a natural and organic diet.
The use of environmentally friendly products in home building continues to increase. The most popular features of sustainable homes include:
1. A focus on health. A home that is built free of toxins and chemicals (such as lead paint) is a top priority.
2. Reclaimed and repurposed materials. Reusing wood, buying used appliances, and giving an old object a completely new purpose can keep a lot of material out of the landfill.
3. Home automation. Smart homes are quickly becoming the rule rather than the exception. The ability to control all the various ways your home consumes energy remotely will result in a more efficient use of energy.
4. Daylight harvesting. Using programmable window shades, for example, maximizes natural light which enhances the home’s efficiency.
5. Water filtration. Clean water is a critical part of sustainable living, and increasing concerns about health are fueling the trend of home builders to include a filtration system for all of the water consumed in the home.